Organic Seaweed Fertiliser & Plant Food
Organic Seaweed Fertiliser, completely free of synthetic chemicals and just as, if not more effective
100% Certified Organic
Free from Artificial Chemicals
Improves Nutritional Value of Crops
Plants Healthier and Stronger
Available Dry Milled or Liquid
Tasty Vegetables Full of Nutrition
Greener Foliage; Stronger Colours
Increases Root Development
Improves Seed Germination
Plants Resistant to Disease
Buying Organic Seaweed Fertiliser & Plant Food in Bulk?
Wholesale prices and quantities available
We Use Better Plants Dried Milled Seaweed Fertiliser as a top dressing….. We also use it for repotting and found this to be an excellent product and competitively priced. We will definitely be using it again and recommend it!
Growing Wheatgrass has its problems with both mold and fungus as its grown in humid conditions. Since using liquid seaweed from betterplants I have found a dramatic reduction in both. Also the amount per tray produced has increased by one third, giving a much greener and stronger plant…. Thanks !!!
I have been using Betterplants / Algae Green,seaweed fertilizer for my plants and flowers for the past 2 years. There is just nothing like this product! Flowers are full of blooms and last longer. Feeding Betterplants/Algae Green to damaged shrubs and plants is also a miracle worker.
Still not Convinced?
Our products have been tested by scientists to verify their effectiveness
More details and testing PDFs to download
- Improves nutritional value of crops – our soils are generally short in selenium and iodine and half our diets are short in iodine, regular applications of seaweed gets these valuable minerals into our soils and crops
- Promotes additional buds when applied as the plants are beginning to bud Helps to Produce, sweeter fruit- Cytokines are natural plant growth hormones found in seaweed, they increase sugar levels in plants, resulting in robust growth and sweeter fruit
- Helps seeds to sprout- seaweed retain their micro-nutrients, natural amino acids and plant growth hormones, these work together to assist disease like damping off and assist seed germination
- Treating seeds or seed pieces with Liquid Seaweed prior to planting will improve seed germination, root growth, and early seedling
- Seaweed has more than 70 minerals, vitamins, and enzymes
- Extends the shelf life of fruits and vegetables if applied 10 days before harvesting
- Several university studies have shown that seaweed can produce dramatic results in plants: geraniums produced more flowers per plant; grapes were sweeter; gladiolus corms grew larger; and cucumber yields increased 40 percent and the fruits suffered less often from softening and rotting. Improved yields after seaweed treatments were measured in potatoes, sweet corn, peppers, tomatoes, apples, strawberries, okra, and oranges. Better frost tolerance, increased seed germination, and greater capacity to absorb trace elements were other documented benefits for plants
- Another major component in liquid seaweed fertilizers are the hormones. The main hormones in seaweed are auxins, gibbelerins, cytokinins and betaines. The roles of these hormones are essential to plant health. Most of these are only required in very small proportions. There are many different auxins and they all have their specific roles. Their main functions are the balanced control of speed of growth. They have both growth stimulating as well as delaying functions. They stimulate root-growth, prevent bud-forming or opening at the wrong times
- Research at major universities has shown that seeds soaked in seaweed extract germinate more rapidly, have larger root mass, stronger plant growth and higher survival rate. Soaking plant roots in seaweed extract reduces transplant shock and speeds root growth
If you have any questions about our products, please don’t hesitate to contact us
+353 (0) 86 380 5921
Mullingar, Co. Westmeath, Ireland