Ascophyllum nodosum from the west coast of Ireland.
Available Sizes: 500ml, 5ltr, 10ltr.
Benefits of Better Plants Liquid Seaweed:
- Improves seed germination and increases root development
- Increases bloom set and size of flowers and fruit
- Increases and stabilizes chlorophyll in plants, which results in darker green leaves and increased sugar content in plants
- General Guidance
How to Use
To get the best from Betterplants Liquid Organic Seaweed Fertiliser:
- Use it as part of a well-balanced plant nutritional program
- It is best to spray early mornings before sun rise, if you are using a tunnel or glass house when the air temperature in at its lowest, evening time is best outdoors
- Betterplants liquid seaweed extract is absorbed immediately and is responding by the second day
- Always shake or mix Liquid Seaweed well before diluting. Only make up what you can
- Use at one time
- Foliar application is the most efficient and effective method
- Betterplants liquid more effective when applied to the leaves
- Spray as a fine mist until it drips off the plants surfaces
When to Use
Apply Liquid Seaweed to improve specific growth stages:
- To promote additional buds, apply Liquid Seaweed when plants are beginning to bud
- To extend the shelf life of fruits and vegetables, spray 10 days before harvesting
- To lengthen the life of cut flowers, spray Liquid Seaweed a day or two before cutting
- The Liquid Seaweed solution should be sprayed in the morning or late afternoon when the leaves stoma is open
- Avoid applying between noon and mid-afternoon when the sun is most intense and the stoma is closed
- Also avoid spraying Liquid Seaweed before it rains or while it is raining
How to Store
- Liquid Seaweed has a shelf life of one year when kept from extreme temperatures
- Avoid freezing and direct sunlight
- Always close the lid tightly
- Dilution Rates and Application Frequencies
Use a Wetting Agent:
Treating seeds or seed pieces with Liquid Seaweed prior to planting will improve seed Germination, root growth, and early seedling vigor. Seeds or seed pieces can be treated in one of the following ways:
- Lightly mist the seeds or seed pieces before planting with 8 teaspoons Liquid Organic Seaweed
- Diluted in 1 gallon of water. Use approximately 2 gallon of this solution to cover 1 acre or soak the seeds, seed pieces, or bulbs for 5 to 10 seconds with 8 teaspoons Liquid Seaweed diluted in 3 Litre of water.
Rooting Solution and Transplanting:
Liquid Seaweed also can be used as a rooting solution. Place cuttings in a solution of Liquid Seaweed and water until roots develop, and then plant. When planting, water in with Liquid Seaweed solution.
Solution Dilution Rate: 8 teaspoons of Liquid Seaweed to 3 litres of water.
BetterPlants, Liquid Organic Seaweed Fertiliser Plant Food is 100% Natural Seaweed Liquid Extract.
Seaweed has more than 70 minerals, vitamins, and enzymes.